If you've always been a Do-It-Yourselfer, it might be hard for you to understand why many homeowners choose to hire a landscaper to design their gardens. The following is a list of some of the reasons why, and they may get you to thinking about what you can have a landscaper do that you shouldn't, couldn't, or won't do yourself.
1. Landscapers don't make gardening mistakes that cost you time and labor to fix later, and then later again, and then again.
2. They know where to source the right materials for the project. After listening to what you want and offering advice, they can easily get you materials that are low maintenance, low cost and non-toxic if those are your preferences.
3. You may have some ideas, but sometimes it's too big a project for you to wrap your head around. Landscapers can fill in the blanks of your sketchy plan and will give valuable feedback when you bounce your ideas off them.
4. These professionals know which plants to choose. You maybe know what color flowers you'd like but you don't know what grows in your area, how big they'll grow, what works well together, and which are lower maintenance.
5. Even though you may be handy with a shovel, it can be very overwhelming and you don't know where to start.
6. Perhaps you can plan the whole thing out on paper - but you're allergic to dirt, wood, flowers, and manual labor.
7. Landscapers are there for you if you have more money than time. You want your summer and don't want to be a slave to working on endless outdoor projects. You know that one project completed always leads to two more that now need doing.
8. The professionals have a good idea of the costs involved and can give you firm estimates. Then you can scale back on your grand plans if you need to. Whereas if you were doing it all yourself you probably wouldn't realize all the costs of the project and could run out of money half way through.
9. A landscaper can help if you already have yard problems. Maybe you inherited these problems when you moved into an existing house. The grass (or is it weeds?) is a mess, rainfall is draining towards the house, there is no automatic watering system, and the bushes at the front of the house are so overgrown you can barely find the front door.
10. At some point you may notice that your garden needs some pizzazz. You want it to look better than the neighbors' gardens. You want it to stand out, show off your home, and include outdoor living spaces.
11. And lastly, landscapers know how to make your garden low maintenance, which is good because you're going to be involved in the aftercare.
Landscapers know what they're doing; this is there area of expertise. Consider hiring a professional whether you have a project planned and need someone to see it through or you need someone with vision who can start at the beginning with drawing up the plans.
Always the opening times, promotions and directions of garden centers on your iPhone? Download the Garden Center Guide App from the App Store for FREE! Very handy, now you know exactly which garden center is open nearby. Click here to download the App from the App Store.
Is your garden center or nursery already listed on the Garden Center Guide? You can get a free listing which includes a link to your website. You can also publish promotions, job vacancies and opening times on your own page. It's all for free so don't wait and sign up today!
The Garden Center Guide is proud to be member of the Garden Centers of America and supports independent garden centers in the US.
Write a review of your own local garden center and win $25! We give away a prize each month. The more reviews you write, the bigger the chances! Share your personal shopping experience of your garden center with our other visitors so they can decide to visit your favorite garden center - or another retailer if your review isn't positive at all. Don't wait and write your review: find your local garden center on the Garden Center Guide and add your review!
Are you looking for gardening products and do you want to order them online? Have a look at our selected garden webshops and buy a product where ever and whenever you want.
On the Garden Center Guide you can find information of the biggest garden center chains of the US. Click on the name of the chain for more information:
Please visit this page for more information about garden center chains in the US.